Monday, November 14, 2005

LOVE OF GOD

Think of the great example of such divine saints as Theresa of Avila, who was so practical, who founded many convents in spite of great obstacles, and yet was always enraptured with love for God, immersed in His love. And think of the struggles and misunderstandings that came to St. Bernadette. The story of her last moments intoxicates me. Despite all the physical and mental sufferings she was passing through, when she perceived the Divine Presence she raised herself up on her bed, whispering, “I love You, I love You, I love You.” That to me is perfection. That is the relationship with God I wish for all. And it comes through spiritualizing your thinking by these methods: faith in God, daily deep prayer and meditation on God, surrender to God’s will, and giving your troubles to Him. Isn’t that a beautiful philosophy? It is the highest way to live.



– Sri Daya Mata, in “Spiritualizing Life” from “Fall 1974 Self-Realization Magazine”
Reply | Reply All | Forward